CAI's Community Association Volunteer Leadership programs are designed to help current association board members, committee members and homeowners better understand the governance and management of community associations.
Click here for details on Webinars for homeowners.
Download a free copy of the publication "An Introduction to Community Association Living."
NEW from CAI - Board Leader Certificate Program
Education is the at the core of CAI's mission and homeowner leaders are CAI's largest audience. We want to expand our educational reach and homeowner board members want recognition, so we created a certificate.
What is the new Certificate program?
- Complete the Board Leadership Development Workshop
- Review three additional resources (Model Code of Ethics, Rights & Responsibilities for Better Communities, and Governance Guidelines)
- Certificate Complete!
What happens after the Workshop?
- Chapter send your attendance info to CAI headquarters.
- CAI HQ sends you information to complete the certificate.
- CAI issues the certificate and publishes the certificate holder's name, community, city, and state online.
- Chapter recognizes certificate holder online and in our magazine, Community Assets.
How much is the CAI Board Leader Certificate?
- The online certificate program is $99. Or, see below for rates to attend the Board Leadershpi Development Workshop in person with a multi-registrant discount for boards.
Board Leadership Development Workshop
CAI's Board Leadership Development Workshop is one step in achieving the CAI Board Leadership Certificate.
Whether you live in a condominium, homeowners association (HOA) or other type of community, this workshop highlights what every board member needs to know to serve effectively. The workshop consists of the five modules outlined below:
- Governing Documents and Roles & Responsibilities
- Communications, Meetings & Volunteerism
- Fundamentals of Financial Management
- Professional Advisors and Service Providers
- Association Rules and Conflict Resolution
This program is generally taught twice per calendar year. Details on the next scheduled class are below.
Spring 2020 course:
Saturday, March 21, 2020
8:30 AM Registration table opens; Continental Breakfast
9:00 AM to 3:30 PM Program
Special Board Pricing for Pennsylvania locations
Send your whole board!. CAI offers board/group discounts for multiple registrants from a community.
CAI Members - $59; Non-members $89
Three Person Board - $163 / $252 non-members
Four Person Board - $212 / $332 non-members
Five Person Board - $260 / $410 non-members (call for pricing for larger boards)
Special Pricing for Delaware location (Fall 2020, details coming later this year)
Special discounted pricing of $40 per person for CAI members and non-members.
Sponsors of select programs receive an allotment of complimentary registrations. For more details and to claim your registrations, please contact the chapter office at 610-783-1315, x10 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*Early bird registration is a registration made and paid for no later than 7 days in advance of the program. Additional fees apply for registrations made within 7 days of the program. Late registration fee applies within 72 hours of the program. Reservations not cancelled within 24 hours of the program will be billed.
Please note: Attendance at CAI events authorizes CAI to use photographs or video of the event, which may include attendee's images, for CAI's promotional purposes. To opt out, contact the chapter office.
View the short video below for an overview of this important educational class for community association volunteer leaders.